Breast Lift Improving patient results and care
A breast lift involves correction of droopy breasts to restore perkier, more youthful looking breasts.
Description: Overtime, the skin and soft tissues in the body become looser and the breast is not spared. Most of the time, the downward movement of the nipples and breast tissues result in loss of a upper pole fullness of the breast. A breast lift is a procedure that aims to correct saggy, droopy breasts, and provide a more youthful appearance. During this procedure the size of the areolae can be reduced as desired by the patient. This procedure can be combined with a breast augmentation in order to help restore upper pole fullness and gain projection. There are several types of breast lift procedures: Periareolar, Vertical, and Wise pattern. During your consultation, Dr. Olivier A. Deigni will examine you and discuss in detail which type of breast procedure will benefit you the most and achieve your desired goals.
- Periareolar: This procedure attempts to elevate the nipple slightly to correct a mile droop. It is used when there is minimal breast lift needed. This scar is hidden around the nipple areola.
- Vertical (lollipop): When there is more than just a slight drip of the nipple, a more extensive lift maybe needed. There vertical mastopexy addresses the extra loose skin in the center of the breast to restore a perkier, more youthful looking breast.
- Wise pattern (anchor): This procedure is used when there is significant loose skin and nipple drooping. It incorporates the techniques of the periareolar and vertical mastopexy procedures and addresses the extra blue skin in the lateral and medial aspect of the breast. The resulting scar has an inverted T appearance.
Surgery: Breast lift is performed under general anesthesia and usually takes 3 to 4 hours.
Plan your procedure:
- Average cost: $6,000 – $8,000
- Recovery time: 7 – 10 days
- Average procedure time: 2 – 4 hours
- Recovery location: Out-patient