Ear Surgery (Otoplasty) Improving patient results and care
Surgery: Ear surgery can be performed under general or local anesthesia. Depending on the type of defect, Dr. Olivier A. Deigni will use his set of skills to adequately address your concers and give you the desired results. The surgery can take 2-4 hours depending on the extent of correction that is needed.
What does ear surgery address?:
- Creating 3-D shaping of the ear
- Reducing over projected ears
- Decreasing the size of earlobes
- Repairing torn earlobes
- Correcting asymmetrical ears
Recovery: You will have soft dressings over the ears that may stay in place for several days. Sutures are removed within 7 – 10 days. You will sleep with protecting bandages for the first 2 weeks after surgery and you can resume exercising after 1 month. Swimming is allowed after 6 weeks.
Plan your procedure:
- Average cost: $5,000 – $7,000
- Recovery time: 1 – 2 weeks
- Average procedure time: 2 – 4 hours
- Recovery location: Out-patient